According to local historians, this historic Greek-Revival farmhouse was built sometime between 1853 and 1856. The two-story home has 14 rooms, 12 fireplaces, an attic and an English basement. An astounding 300,000 bricks were made in a kiln on the property and used to build the chimneys and basement. The home holds quite a historic past since it is the ancestral home of a Confederate civil war colonel. After the colonel’s death in the 19th century, generations of families resided here. Over a dozen family members are buried next to the house in the private cemetery.