Built in 1929 as a replacement for a mansion constructed a century earlier, this wood-frame farmhouse in rural Virginia was once the home of a prominent educator and heavyweight politician. The former owner was an alumnus of the distinguished College of William and Mary in Williamsburg and a notable supporter of desegregation of the Virginia school system during the 1950s and 1960s. During his political career, he worked on the election campaign of John F. Kennedy. After retiring as a state senator, he served as a director of a local bank and continued to practice law part-time until his death in the 1970s. The owner, along with many other members of the family, is buried in a private cemetery on the property. Today, the old farmhouse is undergoing restoration.