According to local historians, this is the oldest home in Dawson, Georgia. Originally built in the 1830s as a simple farmhouse, it was moved on logs in 1896 and remodeled to its present Queen Anne appearance. Hand-carved ornamental pendants featuring a floral motif surround the top of the front porch. In the early 20th century, the Dawson’s Historic District was compromised of workers from the local timber mill who owned a majority of the gorgeous homes.
This house has four bedrooms and two baths with four fireplaces. Stained glass windows, transom windows, and custom woodwork can be seen throughout the home. The property was sold in the early 2000s for a mere $40,000 before falling into foreclosure. It appears the owner was in the midst of a renovation before ultimately walking away from the project. For years, there was a note on the front door stating a bank in Ohio owned the property and anyone willing to purchase the home should contact them. After sitting abandoned for over a decade, the house sold at auction in 2019. Today, the property is no longer abandoned and is currently occupied.